Thursday, June 12, 2014

Purple Eye Makeup Tutorial ft. Charlottle Ronson Palette

Today's makeup look was created using this beautiful eye shadow palette from Charlotte Ronson called "Dani".  There are four shades including a light peachy-pink, a mauvey-rose pink with blue shimmer, a true purple-lilac shade and a deep burgundy.  Here's how I did this beautiful smokey eye!
Charlotte Ronson All About Eye Palette in Dani
First, to bump up the lasting power and pigmentation of the eye shadows and create an even base for application, I'm applying a primer all over my lids with my fingers.
Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden
Then, I'm taking the lightest shade in the palette and pressing it all over my lid and up into the crease with a flat shader brush.  This is kind of like our base color to build everything on top of.

Then I'm taking that true purple shade and packing it on my lid, but not going up to the crease.  I really built this color up because this is the really unique, bright purple that I really wanted to stand out on the eyes.
 Next, I'm taking the mauvey-rose pink shade from the outside corner of the eye, straight up into the crease and about halfway into the socket.  To do this I'm using a fluffy pointed brush to get right into that space below the brow bone.  This is going to create the look of a shadow and give the eye more dimension.
 Now I'm grabbing that dark burgundy color on a more precise crease brush and starting on the outside corner of the eye as I did with the last color.  I'm following that same path to bring it up to the crease, but only defining the very beginning of the crease.  This should look like a 'V' on the outside of your eye, but will differ based on the shape of your eye.  Then I'm taking a little more on my brush and running it along my lower lash line close to the base of my lashes.  After that, I'm blending the heck out of that dark color with a fluffy brush and a light hand.  I'm just softening the look and diffusing the color a little bit.
 For liner, I'm using a gray pencil and lining my upper lash line.  Then I'm taking the darkest shade again on a pencil brush, and going right over the line I just drew.  I'm just smudging this out to make it look smokier and give it more of our nice purple color.
Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Half Moon
Now I'm lining my lower water line with a highlighting pencil, curling my eye lashes, and applying mascara on my top and bottom lashes.
Eye Bright by Benefit and L'Oreal Volume Express Butterfly Mascara
I thought I'd throw in what I decided to wear on my lips.  Since the eye look is pretty dramatic, I wanted to go with a subtle nude-pink.
Bite Beauty Luminous Cream Lipstick in Fig
And here it is! Our finished product!

I hope you liked this eye shadow look and tutorial!  Thanks for reading!

Here's my YouTube Video of this look:
Don't forget to subscribe!

Do you have any other Charlottle Ronson products?  What have you got?  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment