Friday, July 18, 2014

Maybelline Elixir Glosses Review & Photos

 I have 3 colors of the Maybelline Elixir Glosses and I feel like I've used each of them enough now that I can tell you what I think. The colors I have are (L to R) Breathtaking Apricot, Caramel Infused and Nude Illusion. This line has a lot of really pretty colors, but these were the 3 I was feeling at the time.


Breathtaking Apricot (005)
Caramel Infused (065)
Nude Illusion (060)
These glosses are fairly pigmented and they feel really nice when you apply them. I actually really like the angled doe foot applicator...it makes it a lot quicker and easier to apply. The feel of the gloss is very creamy and pretty thick. Unfortunately it is one of those lip products that your strands of hair are going to stick to and glue themselves to your mouth. I'm definitely not a fan of that. The staying power is pretty decent if you are not eating or drinking anything, and the faint vanilla scent is quite nice. The finish is quite glossy, but not sparkly or shimmery.

Overall, I'd say that these lip glosses are really great for temporary wear. I say temporary because after awhile I don't like the thick feel of them on my lips. If I'm in photos or filming or something, they look nice, but I wouldn't want to keep them on all day long. I would, however, wear them alone, without lipstick underneath. Wearing lipstick underneath these just feels way too heavy for me...it's too much product.

Have you tried these glosses? What do you think?

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I like the look of the applicator as well! I totally know what you mean about it feeling heavy on the lips - I always get frustrated wit that through the day. Lovely post :) x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete