Wednesday, May 28, 2014

May 2014 Favorites!

Ok, so I can't decide whether I am happy or sad that it's another month down and another month closer to the wedding.  I cannot wait for that day, and for the honeymoon, but also I don't want it all to go by too fast.  Anyway, here we are at the end of May and I will just have to make a point to savor these last two and a half months of madness and planning.  Now let's get into my favorite products of the month!


1. Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer - Medium to Tan
When I realized how pasty I was looking in the sunshine, I thought I would try to give my tan a little boost with this moisturizer.  I have to say, it's working really well!  I'm not too orange or yellow-toned, and it has just given my skin a subtle tan...and fast!  I have only been using it for about a week and I'm really happy with the results thus far.

2. Nivea Kiss of Care and Color Lip Care - Sheer Berry
Nivea has come out with a lot of really nice lip products recently, so I decided to try the newest one I saw at the drug store, which was this tinted balm.  The white circle in the middle of the color provides nourishment and tingles ever so slightly.  I really like the subtle color it gives my lips while it treats them.  These are really really good, especially if you have dry lips like I do.  Note to self: must try more colors!

3. L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Makeup - Classic Ivory N2
I had been using a sheer mineral makeup for a little while, but recently I wanted to go and get something liquid with a little more coverage.  I decided to try L'Oreal's True Match foundation, because I love their True Match Lumi foundation, but I wanted to try something new.  This is another thumbs up for me.  The coverage is just about perfect for me...it even mostly covers my dark circles!  I've been pleasantly surprised to find that I only have to put a dot of concealer underneath my eyes.  It's also got SPF 17, which is good for summer, but I still have to find a foundation to wear on my wedding day (any suggestions?).

4. Clinique Moisture Surge 
This is a gel moisturizer that has just come into my life and let me tell you...It. Is. Amazing.  I have such a problem with dry skin, but I put moisturizer on and it sometimes feels too heavy or makes me oily.  If you have that problem, you have got to go try a sample of this stuff at Clinique.  It's super moisturizing, but has yet to make my skin oily in the slightest.  This is such an ideal skincare product for so many different skin types, especially combination skin.  I LOVE this stuff!

5. Urban Decay Primer Potion - Eden
I love to use this eye shadow primer when I'm using matte colors on my eyes.  The slightly yellowish-nude color of the formula  covers up all the little veins and discoloration on my eye lid and provides an amazing long-lasting base for shadows.  AND you only need a teeny tiny drop of it.  I often squeeze out a little for one lid and it ends up covering them both.  This is so worth getting.  It's probably the best shadow primer I have ever tried.

6. Benefit Bronzer - Hoola 
I have been having such an annoying problem with bronzer lately...I've been really loving contouring my face (I'm not a fan of the shape of my face, so I use bronzer to make it look more dimensional), but I have not been able to make my bronzer look natural.  I probably have more bronzers than I need, so I was going through them all trying to find something that would look natural, and I found it!  Hoola is a matte powder, which is perfect for contouring and it's not too dark or too orange.  I really want to find a perfect drugstore bronzer, but for now this is my go-to.

7. Sonia Kashiuk Angled Face Brush
I've had this brush for awhile, but in the past I've always used it for bronzer.  I'm using a smaller brush now for my bronzer so I can get a more precise application.  That freed this brush up to be used elsewhere, so I tried it for my cheekbone highlight, and it's perfect!  It's domed, so it gives you a soft brush of color.  The shape makes it really easy to put the highlight exactly where you want it.  I think I'd be remiss not to say that you have to pick up a very small amount of product to get this effect, but done correctly, my highlight is so seamless and pretty!

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed this little mish-mosh of products I've been loving in May.

Later! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment