Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The 4 or More Tag!

I'm putting up a video that I did on the "4 or More Tag", so I thought I'd write a little blog post to go with it.  In this tag, you gather up every product that you have four or more of, and show what colors you have and talk a little bit about the product.  So, without further ado, here we go!

1. Maybelline Color Tattoos
These cream eye shadows are kind of hit or miss for me.  I don't like the colors with a lot of shimmer (the top 3) because the formula is chunky and streaky.  The darker colors seem to be the ones that apply smoother and evenly.  All 3 of these are great to use as bases for a darker eye look, or alone all over the eyelid.  The other thing I like to do with Tough as Taupe is take a small angled brush and use it as a cream eyeliner.  It stays in place all day, and it's a really unique color for an eyeliner.



2. NYX Butter Glosses
The two best things about these glosses are the scent and the feel of them on your lips.  They smell like sugared donuts and they may well be the best smelling lip product I've ever used.  Also, they feel really smooth and creamy on your lips without being sticky.  I HATE sticky lip glosses.  They have a really awesome color selection, which is why I have 5 of them and they're only $5!  Ulta has NYX sales for buy one get one half off a lot of the time, so I take advantage of that whenever I can.


3. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil
Ok, so I did not realize until I was filming my video on this stuff that I totally cheated.  Two of these products are the same color...so I physically have 4 of them, but I only have 3 colors.  My bad!  Anyway, these eyeliners are not the best or the most long wearing I have ever tried, but they have some pretty unique colors.  Oil Slick is a glittery slate color that goes well with a smokey eye, and Stash is a bronzey-green that defines your eyes, but is not harsh at all.  These pencils are pretty soft, so they're easily broken and they don't stay sharp for too long.  I think there are better eyeliners out there for a better price than these.


4. Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain + Balms
I have so many of these because I used to be completely anti-lipstick.  I would want a color on my lips, but not something that would come off on everything I drank.  These stains are great in that they set almost instantly when you put them on.  The down side to that is that they can dry out your lips, so Revlon has cleverly attached a balm to prevent that.  The darker colors can bleed on your lips (fill into the fine little lines around your mouth), so it's good to wear a lip liner with them.  Other than that, they're a great product that I totally forgot about, and will be using again soon!



5. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencils
I got four mini pencils in a set from HauteLook.com, and then I went and picked up 2 more because I liked them so much.  These are super creamy when you first apply them, so they blend out on your lid pretty easily. They are kind of like the Maybelline Color Tattoos, except so much easier to apply because you color it right onto your eye instead of using your fingers.  The formulas of all of these colors are the same great quality, although I find it difficult to wear the bright blue one in Clash (appropriately named).  Overall, really good products and I think the greens are really nice and wearable.

(L to R) Narc, Clinic, Delinquent, Sin, Clash, Juju & Rehab

6. Revlon Lip Butters
These are really nice, easy-to-apply, easy-to-wear lip products that are less pigmented than a lip stick, but more pigmented than a gloss.  They are hydrating and all feel really nice, and the color selection just keeps getting better.  I have a whole bunch, and they have a couple newer ones that I want to try as well (like Tutti Frutti and Raspberry Pie).  I find that the darker colors are easier to wear, but I'm generally like that with lip products, so you may not want to take my word for it.


7. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicures
These are really good quality nail polishes that come in some colors that I really love.  I tend to go with deeper, cooler toned colors on my nails, and this line has uniquely rich ones.  These are all really opaque, so you can get away with only one coat, although I generally apply two.


8. Essie Nail Polishes
I find that these nail polishes are either really good, or just plain bad.  Essie's color selection is one of the best out there, but their formulas can vary in pigmentation.  I've found a few that I hate because even 3 coats isn't opaque enough for me.  I hate when there are lighter and darker streaks on your nails, like you can still see your nail underneath.  However, the colors that I do like I tend to go back to over and over again.  The pearlized top coat that I have is the only Essie top coat that I own and I'm not crazy about it.  I think there are better glittery top coats than this one out there.


9. Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquer
I'm finding that these are another case of either really good or awful.  Some of these are my favorites and some of them aren't worth even trying to apply.  I love Audacious Asphalt and Twilight Rays, but Mystic Green gets a thumbs down from me.  This "holographic" green color looks nice and dark in the bottle, but comes out as a light pea green on the nails.  Talk about false advertising.


If you are a beauty product hoarder like I clearly am, I tag you to show us your "4 or Mores"!

Thanks for reading!

Later =)

Here's my video of the 4 or more Tag:

Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more videos!

No comments:

Post a Comment