Sunday, June 22, 2014

Impromptu Drugstore Haul!

I needed to get shampoo at the drugstore, and I don't know how it happened, but I walked out with a nice little mini haul! 

That plus the fact that Mike got me a DSLR for my birthday had me really wanting to do a blog post.  The camera is super complicated, so I just want take the time to learn as much as I can about it before I start trying to use it.  But I couldn't help myself...I needed to try it out. So this next week might be kind of light on the posts, as I will be studying my new camera!
So instead of getting shampoo, I decided to try out a cleansing conditioner.  I know the whole Wen craze has died down, but on a daily basis I only use shampoo, so I figured this might be a little better for my hair.  We'll see.  They had a mint scent and a sweet pomegranate scent.  I feel like putting a minty smelling product in my hair might not be my favorite thing, so I went with the pomegranates. 


I really like the Maybelline Color Elixir that I have (Breath-Taking Apricot), so I wanted to try more of them.  I grabbed Nude Illusion and Caramel Infused. 
On my nails right now I have a pastel purple color, and I'm really not digging it, so I got 2 nail polishes. The first one is a Sally Hansen Triple Shine in Dream Sequins and the second one is the Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Pixel Perfect.  I've been a bit bored of my nails lately, so I thought I'd try out something fun.
In the clearance bin I found some Revlon Nail Art 3D Jewel Appliques, and I got them in "About A Pearl".  They look really cool and I thought they would be perfect for my wedding day.  I don't have to pay for a manicure? Nice.
I also found some false lashes in the clearance bin. They're Ardell Corset Lashes and they are "Laced in Attitude". Heh. I need some more fake lashes, and I don't really know what I'm looking for in a fake lash, so I thought I'd try these out.
Follow me on Twitter and I will let you know how I like all of this stuff! 
post signature

1 comment:

  1. I'm a sucker for nail polish. Love the triple shine color. I recently went to Target for a new make up brush and walked out with a bunch of make up. Those aisles have a way of sucking you in. ~Nikki@ travelswithpenandpaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete