Monday, August 11, 2014

Book Review: The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider

I just finished The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider, so here are my thoughts and opinions on it.


It was OK. I definitely didn't love it and I probably wouldn't reread it, but some aspects of it were good. I really like the title of the book. It's like you have to read the whole book to understand why the author chose this title. It makes the story so much more beautiful when you think about what it's called. 

The book is about a high school senior named Ezra Faulkner who is a star tennis player. One night at a party, everything that made him who he was got destroyed. He can no longer play tennis and has to walk with a cane. He basically starts a new life, changing his friends, hobbies and way of thinking and acting. It's really cool to see him go through all of these changes and to witness the change of thinking that he has through the first person narration. His new group of friends introduces him to Cassidy Thorpe who shows him new aspects of life, and helps him figure out who he is.

I will say that I was entertained throughout the whole book, but I would still not call this one a must-read.
 
 post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment