Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Meeting with Florists for Wedding Flowers!


Today and tomorrow I am meeting with two different florists to get a price quote on the flowers we want for our wedding.  We have already met with one florist about a week ago who gave us a price that just seemed astronomical for what we want.  So hopefully today and tomorrow I'll be able to get some good prices and find a florist!

What we want:
We actually want to go really minimal on the cut flowers for the wedding, and we were thinking about having hanging plants around the lodge for decorations.  We think that our venue in itself is just so beautiful that we don't really have to go crazy decorating.  If you haven't seen my post on our venue with photos of it, click here! For the center pieces, we've decided to go really simple and just have bunches of baby's breath (should be inexpensive too, right?) maybe in those containers that look like tree stumps. 
I think this really full, white hanging plant would look amazing on the porches of the lodge.
I love these simple little bunches of baby's breath...but not the mason jars!  I just think mason jars are so overdone in weddings recently.  I'm not too into them.
The major thing that we need a florist for is the flowers for the ceremony.  Mike's parents are going to be making us an arbor with flowers on it to get married under, so we don't have to worry too much about decorative florals.  The first florist we went to was going to charge us $115 just for the bride's bouquet!  There is no way that I need a bouquet that costs over $100.  I just want to have a nice little pop of color in the shades we are looking for...nothing extremely fancy!  We do need quite a few bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages.  We both have 6 bridesmaids/groomsmen, and we also need flowers for our ring bearer, our parents, our grandparents and our officiant.  So that makes 7 bouquets, 11 boutonnieres and 6 corsages.  They might have to all be really simple in order to keep the price down.

I love this for the bridal bouquet. I think the bright yellow 'billy balls' are so fun, and added to the white with the green berries, It looks so nice.
This is a pretty good resemblance of what our color scheme is going to look like, white pale green dresses and bright yellow in the flowers. However, I'm not planning on doing sun flowers.  
We both want the boutonnieres to be really simple and I think a white flower with some billy balls would match the bouquets nicely.

Well I'm off to Lewiston, Maine to meet with the florist...wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment